For our Amalgam Removal process we follow the IAOMT protocol with the exception of using a charcoal rinse and respirators for our doctors and assistants.
* latex-free rubber dam isolation for the tooth/teeth being worked on.
* We put oxygen over the nose
* Chunk out method for cutting out the amalgams
* We use 3 different vacuums
- one behind the rubber dam to get any liquid and vapor
- high volume suction near the filling to get particles and vapor
- Large 3" carbon filter near the patient's chin
Drape to cover the patient's skin, hair, clothes
Thorough rinse after removing rubber dam
No extra fees for the safety precautions.